What you need:
○ 4 chicken thighs
○ 2 1/4 cups baby potatoes
○ 2/3 cup shredded cabbage
○ 1 bunch of cilantro
○ 1 green onion
○ 1 lime
○ 4 tbsp mayonnaise
○ 1/3 cup roasted cashews
○ 1 tbsp tandoori paste
○ 2 buns
○ salt & pepper
○ 3/4 tsp tandoori spice mix
1) Preheat oven to 450F
2) Halve the potatoes and toss with a drizzle of oil, 1/2 tsp of the tandoori spice mix, and salt & pepper. Place on a lined baking sheet and roast, stirring halfway, 20-25 minutes until potatoes have browned and are tender.
3) Meanwhile, zest and juice the lime. Thinly slice the green onion, separating the green top and white bottom.
4) Roughly chop the cilantro and the cashews.
5) In a small bowl, make the spiced mayo by combining the mayonnaise, 1/3 the lime juice, remaining tandoori spice mix, and salt & pepper.
6) In a large pan, heat a drizzle of oil on medium-high. Season the chicken with salt & pepper. In a small bowl, combine the tandoori paste, the 1/2 of the remaining lime juice, and chicken. Cook, partially covered, 4 to 6 minutes per side, until cooked through. Move chicken to a plate and keep warm. Wipe and reserve the pan.
7) In a medium bowl, combine the cashews, cilantro, lime zest, 1/2 of the white bottom of the green onion, the last of the lime juice, salt & pepper, and a drizzle of oil.
8) In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, 1/2 the cashew-cilantro mix, 1/2 the spiced mayo, and the remaining of the white bottom of the green onion.
9) In the reserved pan, heat a drizzle of oil on medium-high. Toast the buns, cut sides down, 1-2 minutes, until golden.
10) Divide the potatoes and buns. Top the bottom buns with the spiced mayo and cilantro-cashew mix, the chicken, a spoonful of the coleslaw mix, and top with the green onion remains.
this recipe originates from goodfood.ca/menu*